The convenience store industry continues to impress with its growing numbers of both locations and profits. NACS recently shared statistics in its article titled Up, Up and Away about the convenience store industry, highlighting the great year that we had in 2014, and showing promise for a strong 2015. Below are a few of the notable numbers from 2014:
- Pre-tax profit surged 46.5% to $10.4 billion in 2014
- Credit card companies took $11.4 billion, $1 billion more than profits
- One in three brick and mortar retail establishments in the country is a convenience store
- The industry store count is 152,794, a 1% climb from last year and a 28% increase from 2000
- Fuel margin was 22.2 cents/gallon total
- Fuel margin was 16.9 cents/gallon net card fees
Thank you, NACS, for always providing such great resources! The only statistic listed above that is not positive is the one involving credit card fees. Intevacon continues to help our customers hold onto their margins by eliminating credit card swipe fees with the Intevacon fleet card. We are proud to be part of the convenience store industry, and we love helping our petroleum marketers as they grow their fleet business with loyal, recurring customers. We’ve had a great year getting to know new customers, while also watching existing customers add new sites and new customer accounts. Intevacon has a lot in store for the remainder of 2015, and we are excited about BIG things!
Find out more about the Intevacon Fleet Card System by reaching out at 678-739-4450 or emailing email@example.com.